This is US!

This is US!

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween!!!

Halloween! What a great time to get out the fall decor, carve pumpkins and go trick or treating. Here are some of our little moments caught on camera.


 Hans is great at getting out the lids and cleaning them up. I didn't have him make mine this year and I regretted it. I made mine too small and it was rather hard to get the guts out. Live and you learn right? I think Hans will be making mine from now on.
 This is after Arlee touched the guts.

 She later just tried the spoon. Because she is a lot like me and she doesn't like the feel of it at all.
 Arlee helping her dad get the design on there. Needless to say Hans is the one that did the carving. I told him maybe next year she could just paint hers. I think she would have enjoyed it a lot more.


Arlee wasn't exactly ready for going outside so we figured Hans' jacket was a great idea for her to wear. As you can tell it doesn't exactly fit.

 Arlee out with her pumpkin. Notice the shoes- being that there isn't any. Like I said not really ready to go outside, but we needed to make this quick since it was bed time.

 No guts no glory!
 Mine and Hans' pumpkins. I like this picture only because it is Halloween. Otherwise I wouldn't have put it on here at all.
 Arlee's, mine and Hans'. His is hard to see. Something was wrong with his candle, but it is a graveyard.

So this is the night of Halloween. We were in the car and I was trying to get a picture of Arlee while Hans was driving. I thought it took it and brought it back to look at it... WHAAAAM! Hello, Hansel I hope that you weren't needing your eye sight in the moon lit night drive. I was laughing pretty hard after this happened... as you can imagine.

 Now for the real picture that I was going for.
 Hans following Arlee while she runs up to the door. This is how it was pretty much the whole time. There was the last several houses that she didn't want us to go up with her. She wanted to go up by herself. This didn't come as a surprise to me. She is an independent little girl.

Story: Arlee and Hans went up to a house like they always did. I would be standing back a little so I would not crowd the door (with my pregnant self). Arlee was admiring all the decorations and saw a spider on the door. As she went to touch it; it then started moving and making all kinds of noise. Arlee lets out a huge scream. I on the other hand was laughing my butt off. Hans thinks that I am pretty cruel for finding it so funny. At the time, I was talking to my dad on the phone. He wanted to know what was going on, but I was laughing too hard. So hard that I was about to wet my pants. Not too hard for me and being pregnant on top of that it is hard too see why I didn't. When I was finally able to tell him he started laughing. This is a bit odd for my dad since this is not his kind of humor, but for me I was in heaven. Other than Arlee getting scared of course. Don't get me wrong Hans was laughing too, but not nearly as hard as I was or as long.

After I was calm enough so Hans could understand me, I asked him what happened. I know what I saw, but I was a little too far to get the whole story. We still are not really sure if the spider went off, because the people were coming out as she went to touch it or, if she was just too close. Either way, it was awesome.
Now when we talk to her about it she calls it a silly spider. Also that it tried to take her candy and it doesn't have hands like her. Silly spider.

I have to say that I was shocked she was not crying. When I have scared her she starts crying. I used to be able to scare her all the time and she would first scream and then just start laughing. But one time I got her really good, so we can't play that game anymore with out it ending in tears after the first scare.

Anyway, one of the last houses that we went to the guy told us that he has had so many kids come up to his door. He started with $38.00 worth of candy and only had about 5-10 pieces by the time we got to him around 8 PM. I have to say that I am not a bit surprised. There were so many people like us that drove to a neighborhood. We only did this because we live off a main road and we only have 8 units on our little street. Not really ideal if you would like any candy.
After we were done trick or treating we were going to go to the ones next to ours, but no one was handing out candy. This was understandable for sure. We bought candy, but no one came to our house- at least not while we were there. I wouldn't be stopping by our house either. Not enough places to make it worth it.

Arlee enjoying her one piece of candy before getting ready for bed.

We had a great time taking her around. She is too funny and for me it was perfect. Hans went up to the door with her and I got to see things from a distance depending on how many kids were there. All and all it is a great time for people watching and there was plenty to watch.

Now that Halloween is over with, we'll move on to a doctors appointment before going to see the specialist. After those we will have to see when Lydia is going to be joining our family and what may come with that. I am still hoping that she doesn't have to come early, but if it makes it better for her I am all for it. I have to say that I am ready for her. I got most of my Christmas shopping done. Not for her though- I am struggling what to get her. Any ideas? Everything is clean so she has a place to sleep and clothes to wear. OH.... I guess I SHOULD go and get some diapers... maybe after my appointments.
After the doctors appointments then we will move on to Thanksgiving and Lydia's due date along with Hans' birthday and Christmas. Christmas is the best time of year for me. It is going to be weird not running from house to house, but I think with a new baby I am going to really enjoy it. We will just have to Skype people instead.


Until the next update...
The Hoges

3 comments:

Saimi said...

Oh my Gosh Chelsey this post is seriously cracking me up! I can just see you laughing hysterically over the scary spider..too funny!

You can tell Hans that he rates the number one pumpkin carver in my book, those pumpkins are AMAZING!!

Arlee looks adorable as usual and I love how excited she was to trick or treat and you know, slightly disappointed you didn't make it over to my house...feeling guilty yet! Ha!

Hans and Chelsey said...

Saimi- Even the thought about the spider still makes me laugh it was really too funny. I am sorry that we didn't make it over to your house. I have to say that I really do feel guilty that we didn't make it to your house. We should have started there verse planning there last. We were done by the time 8 PM came.

Hans and Chelsey said...

From Aunt Kennie-
I'm going to try to find a great emailed pumpkin set of pictures, thinking Hans (the great pumpkin carver) would enjoy them. May have deleted them =(
Keep me posted on Lydia's arrival date. As I told you before I have long loved her name... Arlee is sooooo cute.

Followers

Contributors